Ali Nazemi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Concordia University in Montreal. His research involves developing mathematical models to diagnose, represent and manage water security threats across various temporal and spatial scales. In particular, Ali is interested in studying interactions within and between water and human particularly in light of climate and other sources of global environmental change.
- PhD. (2009), The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
- MSc. (2003), Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran.
- BSc. (2000), KNT University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Water Security and Climate Change
- Coupled Human-Water Systems
- Mathematical Modelling and Algorithm Development
Honors and Awards
- 2005 - 2009: Holder of the prestigious Dorothy Hodgkin Postgraduate Award (DHPA) from the UK government.
- 2004 - 2007: Holder of the Post Graduate Teaching Award (PGTA) from The University of Birmingham.
- 2006: Best Presentation Award, Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimization Session, IEEE 7th World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Vancouver, Canada.